Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 27 - almost done!

Ok, I must say that this has been a pretty easy endeavor. But I must also admit that I had a beer. One beer :-) Also, I spent 7 hours at BattleBorn CrossFit helping setup the equipment the other day and the owners bought us gluten-free pizza and I ate that. Otherwise, I've been very strict. Here's what's crazy, I started at about 181 pounds. I weighed in this morning at 168.8 pounds. So, I've lost over 12 pounds. What's even crazier than that is that I've gotten a LOT stronger because I'm doing the "Starting Strength" program in the evenings at home. I started out doing my back squat working sets at 235. And it was HARD!!! Monday, I did 5X5 back squats at 255 and it felt NO HARDER than when I did them at 235! This program is amazing. It causes rapid muscle adaptation, resulting in major strength gains quickly. You want to know how quickly? Monday was day 1 of week 2 on this strength program. So, I squatted 235 on Monday, 245 on Wednesday, 250 on Friday, and 255 on Monday! If someone is not getting stronger in the gym, it is because they are either at elite strength and pushing their limits or it's because they are not methodically pushing themselves to the limit each time they workout. Like Rip says in "Starting Strength", before you walk into the gym, you should know exactly what you will do from the warm-up to the last lift. If you don't, you aren't working out, you are engaging in an activity. So I'm getting significantly stronger while losing weight. This is a good diet...

1 comment:

  1. this is the blog site I am refering to if this helps it is call --Self inflicted hurt locker---

    ReplyDelete