Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day Three - "I WAS RUNNING!"

Well, I'm feeling pretty good. This diet is pretty easy to follow when you have a great wife that makes awesome food! All I have to do is clean the dishes.

So this morning half the CrossFit group came to my house and we ran a sweet 5k loop. We have some really pretty wetlands behind my house that have a perfect 5k jogging path around them. If I go driveway to driveway, it's pretty dead on. A few of us opted to do our 5k before it got too hot. At noon, it's going to be about 99 degrees out there and the jogging path offers ZERO shade. I ran the loop about 3 days ago in the heat of the day and literally baked. Anyway, I finished in 23:54 today. It's an ok time considering I don't really do any sport-specific training for running anymore. But I pushed myself pretty hard.

For breakfast, I had a couple eggs, a couple slices of bacon, some strawberries, and a spoonful of almond butter. Also, I've been taking between 4000-8000 mg of fish oil (from Costco) every day. It's the only CrossFit recommended supplement. I don't weigh myself, but I feel like I'm getting leaner already.

In a stupor this morning when I woke up, I was digging around looking for my ipod armband and came across some "Training Day" packets. You mix them with water and drink them. I thought "Hey, maybe this will help me with my run" and I actually started to tear open the packet when I came to my senses and thought "This probably doesn't fall under Paleo..." Anyway, crisis averted.

For lunch today, we made some beef and veggie stir fry. It was pretty decent but a bit bland. I think maybe some peppers would have spiced it up nicely. I never realized how much I like peppers until I can't eat things with tons of salt and sugar in them! I'll post the recipe for the stir fry later.

For dinner, Soupha baked some salmon. We ate it with thyme, chives, and a huge bowl of tasty pico de gallo. We also had half an avocado each. Yum yum!! I took a picture but didn't get a chance to upload it yet. I'll try to get caught up with pics/recipes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment