Friday, July 24, 2009

Day Five

Breakfast was the typical eggs, fruit, and avocado. I feel totally normal. I mean, my energy level is what I'm used to. At lunch, I had to get my teeth cleaned, so I missed the workout at the gym. No matter, it was "DT" and I'm still trying to lay off my elbow a bit.

Lunch was somewhat of a disappointment. I made some lamb-shank stew in the pressure cooker. I think I was supposed to have the bones cut length-wise to expose the marrow. Apparently, that would thicken the soup up and make it crazy delicious. I didn't have the marrow exposed. So the meat was tasty, but the stock was thin and bland :-( I'll try to get it right next time. Got my fat from some sunflower seeds and had some strawberries too.

I did 7X1 backsquats today. I got 285, but failed twice on 295 (my PR). I just haven't been squatting heavy. I think I'm going to do the Starting Strength program mixed in with the daily WOD's. I am dying to break 300 lbs! But with my newly improved deadlift of 374, I can finally break 800lbs on my CF total. 145 + 285 + 374 = 804 And that's even if I don't get my previous PR on the backsquat.

Soupha left for Las Vegas tonight. So I made dinner. I tried something easy that looked tasty and it didn't dissappoint. I made shrimp stuffed avocados. Just steam some shrimp, cut some avocados in half and peel them. Removed the shrimp tails, and pile the shrimp on the avocados. Last, squeeze some lemon juice over them. Tasty! And super easy.

My buddy Greg that is doing this with me is getting stunning results. When he started crossfitting, he weighed about 225. Over the first few months of CF, he dropped down to 195/196, and just hovered there for several months. But going strict Paleo, he has dropped a pound a day on average. He weighed in this morning at 191.4! He'll be down to his fighting weight in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment