Monday, July 27, 2009

Day Eight - Ain't no thang!

I'm a day late on this post, so I'll refer to everything in the past tense. I got up and ran a 5k with my dog. I was a bit tired since I had done the wall-ball, ghd situp, back extension 20 min amrap (as many rounds as possible) from the main site the night before. But I was still able to eek out a 24 min 5k. Speaking of that amrap, it was a nice experience. On the 20 min amraps, I always hit a wall at 10-12 minutes. I just run out of gas typically. Amazingly, that didn't happen with this one. I was nervous that it would, but I had gas the entire time. The situps were, by far, the most difficult thing. I thought the wall-balls would be tough, but they were easy. The back extensions, of course, were cake. Anyway, I was late getting Ava to sunday school, so I didn't have time to get my coveted all-fruit smoothie from Jamba Juice that I can have immediately following a hard met-con. And I didn't have time to make breakfast, so I went hungry :-( This is probably not the healthiest thing, but it happens. I got to church and had some black coffee to get something in my belly and occupy my hands. I didn't end up getting lunch until close to 2pm. I had some leftover beef stir-fry we made last week. I was very hungry by now, so it tasted awesome! I followed it up with a tiny amount of blended frozen berries for "ice cream".

For dinner, I scrambled a couple of eggs, ate a scoop of almond butter, and had a little watermelon. But the most significant thing about today was that I cooked breakfast for the week, and vaccuum sealed it in the foodsaver. I also found an incredibly cool paleo recipe book in pdf format. I'll link to it tonight when I get home. So I made a chicken marinade and grilled some chicken breast for the next couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment