Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day four - Leaner? Stronger? Perhaps...

Today we're going to be doing heavy dead-lifts at the gym. I'm very interested in seeing what I can pull off the ground. My previous PR was 345. But after watching Jenny Olsen pull 355 at the CF games, it made me feel kind of wimpy. So I'm very curious as to what I can do today. It's been a LONG time since I maxed out on DL's. I feel a little leaner, but it's hard to tell. I don't like weighing myself. That becomes obsession too quickly, so I prefer to gauge my fitness based on performance. That's much more measurable. And if I get calls from Hanes or Fruit of the Loom for underwear model ads, I'll know everything is working :-)

Breakfast today was 2 eggs, a plum, and two spoonfuls of almond butter. For lunch, I brought in some green chile and pork stew. I LOVE that stuff. Also, I brought in sunflower seeds and a nectarine.

Well, lunch was delicious... as expected. But more importantly, I got a PR on the deadlift today. My previous max was 345lbs. Today, I pulled 374lbs. I think I had 380lbs within reach but got greedy. 374lbs was so easy, I went for 396lbs. I moved it (amazingly), but couldn't get it more than a half inch off the ground. But I was done after that :-P But hey, I'm pretty happy with a 29lb PR!! I'm within striking distance of my 400 lb goal by the end of the year. And I'm finally able to pull more than twice my bodyweight (360lbs)!

For dinner, we took the kids to "Watermelon on the Quad" at UNR. We stopped by Costco and got a rotisserie chicken. We figured we eat some watermelon at the quad. Unfortunately, there was no watermelon left when we got there. But we peeled the skin off the chicken and dug in. It was very hot and juicy. It was quite a nice (inexpensive @ $5) meal. I'm sure the seasonings on the skin were a no-no for Paleo, but since we didn't eat it (but stared at it longingly), we were good.

No comments:

Post a Comment